Extension of e-Tourist Visa scheme to 36 more countries and 7 more airports from 15th August 2015
The e-Tourist visa facility would be extended to the nationals of the United Kingdom from 15 August 2015.
The e-TV facility would only be extended to nationals of “United Kingdom” and it shall not be applicable to nationals holding the following passports, which are also issued by United Kingdom :-
CODE in MRZ
UK BRITISH DEPENDENT TERRITORIES CITIZEN
UK BRITISH NATIONAL(OVERSEAS)
UK BRITISH OVERSEES CITIZEN
UK BRITISH PROTECTED PERSON
UK BRITISH SUBJECT
The above nationalities will not be displayed in the visa online website.
“The e-Tourist Visa facility is only applicable to nationals of United Kingdom and is not available to British Subject, British Protected Person, British Overseas Citizen, British National (Overseas) and British Overseas Territories Citizen. Your application would be rejected if your nationality is other than United Kingdom.”
Government of India has launched e Tourist Visa on 27th November 2014. The scheme has been extended to 77 countries at nine airports designated for providing e-Tourist visa service till now.
We are now going to extend this facility to 36 more countries from 15th August 2015. The new countries being included in e-Tourist Visa scheme are:-
- East Timor
- St Lucia
- St Vincent & the Grenadines
- Turks & Caicos Island
- United Kingdom
With this addition the total count of countries under the scheme will go upto 113 (One hundred Thirteen).
Simultaneously, we are going to add 7 more Indian airports as designated airports for entry on e-Tourist Visa from 15th August2015. New Airports being included in the scheme are:-
With this total number of designated airports will become 16.
Since the launch of the scheme on 27/11/2014 more than 200000 (Two lac) e-TVs have been issued till now.
It is expected that this substantial addition of countries and airports will give big boost to tourism industry in the country.
Further details in this regard may be checked on the e-Tourist Visa website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent's/Spouse's Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
- Not available to those who have a residence or occupation in India.
- Not a persona-non-grata to the Government of India.
- Not considered an undesirable person.
Instructions for e-Tourist Visa
- Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example : If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct.
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name,date of birth, nationality , expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear / as per specification.
- e-Tourist Visa (eTV) fee is US$ 60/- per passenger excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards.The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you otherwise application will not be processed.
- eTV fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of VISA.
- Applicant should carry a copy of eTV along with him/her at the time of travel.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- eTV is valid for entry through 9 designated Airports i.e. Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi ,Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai & Trivandrum.
- From 15th August 2015, 7 more Indian airports are designated for entry on e-tourist visas. These are Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Gaya, Jaipur, Lucknow, Trichy and Varanasi. However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
- This facility is in addition to the existing visa services.
- e-Tourist Visa (eTV) is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
- e-Tourist Visa (eTV) once issued on arrival is Only single entry , non-extendable , non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
- Please be careful while making payment of the eTV fee. If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), then the application id would be blocked and the applicant would be required to apply afresh by filling the application form again and regenerating a new application id.
- Before re-applying, the applicants are requested to wait for 4 hours for payment status updating, after final submission of the application form and payment of the fee. The payment status updating may take up to 4 hours.
- Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India. Please visit our Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding yellow fever countries here.
- For any assistance call 24 * 7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org